Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Early King Salmon Fun in the Sun

Each summer before I head to Alaska to guide for 3 months Ed and I like to head north to a fairly well known "little river" in search of the run of early kings it holds. While there may not be big numbers of these chrome beasts, for the motivated angler there is enough fun to be had.  We found fish coming in this morning chasing bait, what fun to watch!!  When you do hook, (or should I say encounter),  one of these early King Salmon in tight quarters the chances it will come to hand for a picture are very slim, Ed made it happen today with the great fish pictured below, nice job Ed I am looking forward to casting Thundersticks for Salmon when I return in September.

6/8/2011  Ed with a very hard fighting little river Salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment