Monday, September 2, 2013

September is here, the weather has turned from warm sunshine to cool rain and bad visibility making for tough flying conditions with all the mountains surrounding us.  As I type this we are waiting for weather to clear so we can fly, our scheduled destination being 100 miles to the west with two mountain ranges to pass it might be time for plan "B".  The fishing however has been great with rivers full of Coho Salmon, spawning Sockeye with Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden and Arctic Char all having a feast on the eggs and snags full of expired King and Chum Salmon carcasses for the Trout that have had their fill of eggs.  It's been another great season in south west Alaska but it is time to go home,  I travel over night Friday, make it home Saturday morning and I will be on the river Monday morning.  I've heard the weather has been a bit warm there so I will do my best to bring some fall weather with me.  I still have just a handful of open dates for this fall season on the Muskegon, Manistee and Pere Marquette Rivers so if you want to get out let me know soon.
 (616)204-4999  jeff@muskegonriverguide.com  

Spawning Sockeye Salmon

Lunch
   

No comments:

Post a Comment