Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October Steelheadfest

This has been a well above average October for Steelhead fishing on the Muskegon River thus far.  I will admit that I have been sandbagging on the fishing quality for the last 2 weeks but I have a good reason, when you get an early run of Steelhead and the only other fishermen you see are in your boat life is good!!  The average size of the Steelhead has been very impressive, normally we get an invasion of skippers, 16 to 20 inch fish, before the adults but this year we are catching lots of 5 to 8lb. fish with a handfull of smaller ones each day.  There have been some big fish mixed in as well and Ed caught 2 of the biggest in my boat today, 12 and 13lbs.!!!  I have a limited number of dates available for November and Steelhead fishing should be great so don't wait to call.

On another note, it was great to see our Michigan DNR patrolling the river today checking "guides" for proper licensing and safety equipment, I wish this was an every day occurance.

10/19/2011  Ed with a 12lb. buck steelhead from today.

10/19/2011  If 12lbs. was not enough here is one that pulled the boga to 13!!!!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment