Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pere Marquette River Steelhead Fishing

The Pere Marquette River fished great today for Dan and I.  With the exception of one or two Steelhead just doing the old winter twist most of the fish we hooked were on fire, jumping and running for any cover they could find, including the boat where I did have one break me off after running under the boat and jumping on the other side before I could react!!  It felt like real Winter Steelhead fishing once the snow started to come down and by the time we were done everything had just enough snow cover to make you think it actually was winter.  The PM is in great shape and should fish great this winter. 

12/17/2011  Dan clowning around after landing the big fish of the day, 13.5 lbs.
"he wanted me to call it 14 but the boga said 13.5 sorry Dan!!"

12/17/2011  Yes that is me with a fish, I actually got to fish today!!

12/17/2011  Dan with a nice Pere Marquette River Steelhead caught back bouncing spawn.
12/17/2011  Pere Marquette Chrome!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment